X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry (XRF) enables elemental analysis on a wide range of materials. The Rigaku ZXS Primus IV is a tube-above sequential wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF) spectrometer. It can determine major and minor element composition of solids, powders, thin-films, and alloys. The system has multi-spot and mapping capabilities to evaluate heterogeneous materials.
Standard Features on the Rigaku XRF system
- Analysis of elements from Be to U
- ZSX Guidance expert system software
- Digital multi-channel analyzer (D-MCA)
- EZ Analysis interface for routine measurements
- Tube above optics minimizes contamination issues
- Micro analysis to analyze samples as small as 500 µm
- 30μ tube for superior light element performance
- Mapping feature for elemental topography/distribution
This instrument is located in IATL 196 and is managed by Kenny Horkley.